Saturday June 9th, Buffalo Bill Days list of events.
- Tri-County Cruisers Car Show at the Annie Oakley Park – Fifth Street
Cruise in event Friday evening at 5:00 p.m. at Oakley Motors, 611 S. Freeman. Car show begins Saturday at 10 a.m. Over 100 new and antique cars will be on display. The CYO will be sponsoring a barbeque at the park.
- City Wide Garage Sale Saturday, 8:00 a.m – All over Town!
- Free Day at the Cool Pool Saturday – Annie Oakley Park
- Arts & Crafts fair at the VFW – 317 Center Avenue
Fair starts Saturday at 9:00 a.m. Come for arts, crafts, food and fun.
- Matinee Movie at the Palace Theater – Center Avenue
In addition to the regular Saturday evening 7 p.m. showing of the selected movie, the student run Palace Theater will offer a 4 p.m. matinee showing. Along with the usual movie concessions, there will be Subway sandwiches. Money raised supports the theater and the students’ college scholarship fund.
- 3rd Annual Wild West Quilt Roundup – Quilt show – 318 Center Avenue.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Admission $3.00. Quilt demonstrations and door prizes throughout the day.
- Buffalo Bill Events Saturday at the Buffalo Bill Cabin and statue at US Hwy 83 & 2nd Street.
UP UP & AWAY: Noon kicks off the events with kids kite flying. We want to see how many kites we can get up there, so bring out your kite.
Kids – at 1 p.m. we need your help in making a Human OAKLEY spelled on the side of the hill where our Buffalo Bill Statue stands. Then at 1:30, Randy Sauer will be playing music for the kids so kids from 5 to 95, be ready to dance.
STOMP at the Statue: 2:00 p.m. Randy will teach us a song that we will dance to up at the statue. Its a STOMP MOB! Don’t miss it.
Buffalo Bill, Kirk Shapland will be here from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. with his Buffalo Bill stories. Get your picture taken with Buffalo Bill.
HOG ROAST: The Knights of Columbus is serving up a pig at the Buffalo Bill Sculpture between the hours of 3pm and 7pm. Whistlin’ Pig will also be here with lemonade, snow cones, chocolate dipped waffles.
And – give a big welcome to Biking Across Kansas, BAK, who will be stopping overnight in Oakley on the first leg of their bicycle tour across the state.